Thursday, May 6, 2010

Rendering...

So... 50 hours rendering 40 seconds of Martian sky early this week (for the scene below), followed my 35 hours for 7 seconds of fast moving Martian clouds Weds/Thurs. My poor old computer is crawling.

I'll say one thing though, Vue does a beautiful job of skies; it's clouds are beautiful - it's certainly a godsend for us.

Every shot has now been assigned a job bag and handed over to Sunset for coordination.

Also a big welcome to Harry from Melbourne who is experimenting creating dust for a number of shots. Can't wait to see his results!

4 comments:

Kiri said...

That looks awesome sweet... So much work, well done! I'm still here so let me know if there is ANYTHING I can do babe!!! x

Anonymous said...

Cheers ears! Don't you worry, we'll be in touch.... Which reminds me, Sarah B said to give her a call if you want some LF homework to get started on.... GOWAN!

random.user said...

I've done Vue too, good program, but I found its hard to get the trees to look realistic closeup... but mars doesnt have trees, so yall luckedout! ;) more preview shots?!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I've had trouble with close up material too, but anything a bit further away looks great - especially at dawn and dusk, which is when lots of our renders are for...