Monday, August 23, 2010

Details details details...

I guess everyone knows how much work is involved in a film... But man! I've been flat out compositing Last Flight for weeks now, and there's still no shortage of things to do.

Big thanks to Paul, who has taken on a bunch of shots and given me lots of really useful pointers with my own work - which I'm still struggling with at times. Don't let anyone ever tell you that compositing is easy! It's detail-focused and time consuming: I've gone back to shots a number of times just because of some nagging detail that was eating away at me. And tracking... @#!$!*! Try tracking a computer display to some tiny screen that is jerking around like a bastard. The horror.

The screen-grab below is a shot that Paul has been chugging away at. I gotta say, he swears a lot less than me while he's working. Better results too.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely stuff.

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain, been there done that.

Sorry I can't help out at the moment, maybe next time... :-)

Anonymous said...

Cheers guys, I really shouldn't complain - it's also great fun!

PJVFX said...

I'm glad you chose the one shot where I used a dirty great lens flare as an example of the quality of my work.

Anonymous said...

This is sci fi, remember. I'm not sure how many non-lens flare shots we actually have.