Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Bound by law

I've been trying to get my head around copyright laws and so on the last couple of months, especially since we've approached Sesame Street for the rights to use the Sesame Street theme tune in Last Flight. They've since told us that Last Flight "isn't a good fit with their Corporate objectives." 

Anyway, I just stumbled across this comic book, Bound by Law, which explains copyright law, Public Domain and Fair Use brilliantly - and in comic format! This is my kinda law book - even if the rules they're discussing are pretty outrageous in places. Makes me wanna go download something corporate, frankly.... 

1 comment:

Amie Maxwell said...

So who exactly owns Sesame Street music? Some Big Executives who wouldn't understand that this kind of stuff can't be owned...it is part of our culture!!